A message from Local TD & Minister:
I hope you and your family are safe and well at this time.
Tonight the Government has recommended new measures in order to try and mitigate the spread of COVID-19. These measures were taken on the advice of the Chief Medical Officer and the National Public Health Emergency Team. They are being taken in response to increasing pressures on our intensive care units, the rise in community transition to 51% of cases, the rise in the discovery of new clusters that threaten vulnerable people and healthcare workers, and the increase in fatalities. These measures will remain in place until the 12th of April (Easter Sunday).
- Everyone is asked to stay at home in all circumstances,
- Only travel to and work where it is for absolutely essential healthcare or social care purposes,
- Only go out to buy food, for brief exercise in your locality, for medical appointments, or for vital family reasons (caring for children, the elderly, or vulnerable people); but not for social family visits,
- All public and private gatherings outside a single household are prohibited,
- A further range of non-essential shops and outlets will be closed,
- All non-essential health procedures will be postponed,
- Shielding or Cocooning will now be introduced for everyone over 70 or who is vulnerable,
- Adult community education centres and local community centres are to close
- Public transport to be restricted to essential service workers,
- No travel outside of 2km radius of your home for any reason,
- Visits to care homes, hospitals, and prisons are banned, except for genuine compassionate reasons,
- Pharmacists will be permitted by regulation to dispense medicines outside the current period of validity of the existing prescription, in line with the pharmacists professions judgement as to appropriateness.
I know that these measures will again limit our daily lives but they are important for the care of the vulnerable in our community. It is important to maintain social distancing and to keep following HSE advice. I know that as a society we can overcome this challenge.
If you have any questions, my office is available via email or phone. I am attaching a PDF document with the essential information in relation to your entitlements at this time. Please circulate this to anyone you feel may be interested.
Ní neart go cur le chéile.
Is mise, le meas,